Water Conservation as a Service
The Total Water Management program reduces water and energy use while monitoring volume, water quality, and HVAC energy consumption continuously for a fixed monthly fee. The monthly service fee is designed to be less than current water and energy costs. We guarantee that your cooling system will achieve water and energy conservation goals. Our promise is supported with real-time data and analytical reporting that validates cost savings and water conservation.
- Water Savings
- Energy Conservation
- Chemicals Reduction
- Reduced Maintenance and Repair Costs
- 24/7 Data Monitoring and Analytics with a Secure Dashboard
Total Water Management Benefits
- No Upfront Costs
- Water consumption is reduced over 50%
- Approximately 75% less chemical use
- Long term CAPEX savings
- Real-time water and Energy Monitoring
- Evaporation Credit Reporting
- Ensure operations align with performance goals 24/7
- Asset life is extended. Reduced maintenance and repairs
- Ability to earn LEED points for new projects and retro-fits
- Alerts by text or email when conditions are outside of normal parameters
Innovative Water Management that Reduces Water, Energy, & Chemical Use
HydroTech Solutions serves commercial and industrial customers on new construction and existing buildings. Our Water Conservation as a Service program increases NOI, and validates cost savings with real-time data analytics.
Total Water Management Technology
HydroFLOW physical water conditioner
IoT enabled real-time sensors & meters for monitoring flow, temperature & water quality
Cloud based platform securely manages and visualizes data
Eco-Friendly water chemistry program
Side stream filtration systems that reduce suspended solids and debris in water
The Total Water Management program includes monthly site visits to observe equipment, water quality and system operations, and provides monthly reports with field notes and photographs.
Water Savings with Technology
Rather than current water management programs that record water data weekly or monthly, the Total Water Management program incorporates real-time data collection and analysis with HydroFLOW physical water conditioning that reduces water, energy and chemical costs, while improving the operating efficiencies of equipment. The data validates performance in real-time on a secure dashboard.
How HydroFLOW Works
HydroFLOW attaches to the exterior of a water line. Any type or diameter of pipe with no cutting or intrusion.
Water inside the pipe acts as a conductor that carries the induced ± 150 kHz signal throughout the entire water system and causes dissolved calcium to crystallize in the water stream, which cannot attach to equipment.
Scale and biological materials no longer attach to equipment and piping and are filtered out.
Chemical use is reduced up to 75%, and maintenance & repairs are less frequent.
Cycles of Concentration are increased to 8 or more, with continuous removal of dissolved calcium that has been forced to crystallize and filtered out; which allows water conservation of 50-75% while using less chemicals.
Water characteristics are monitored in real-time on phones and desktops, while influent and blowdown water conservation data is available 24/7, with monthly operations reports emailed.
Cooling Tower Water Conservation and Cost Savings
- HydroFLOW installs without cutting pipes or interrupting operations
- Dissolved Calcium is forced to crystallize into suspended solids that cannot attach to equipment
- Solids are filtered from the water stream; reducing calcium
- Water conservation is more than 50%
- 10-12% energy savings due to efficiencies gained
- IoT sensors send data securely to the cloud. Analytics and predictive Maintenance improve operations 24/7
- Data is presented securely on mobile devices, desktops and BMS
Sustainable Water Management for Cooling Towers
Cost Savings Case
Commercial Building Water Conservation benefits the Community
Significantly Reduces Impact on Wastewater Facilities
50% Water reduction equals ~10,000 gpd from a 1,000 ton cooling tower (1 Building)
10 buildings would save 100,000 gallons/ day, or 10% of a 1 million gpd WWT Plant